Wednesday, August 16, 2006

More home maintenance

As I’ve complained here in the past, my living room window broke in March—that’s been fixed now. In April, I noticed a slow leak in my bathroom. Someone came out to look at it, he said he was stumped, and then nothing happened. The leak continued, and I sent periodic updates to the estate agents (who act for the landlord) until the building management finally called them when the damage started hitting other areas.

A man came last week, looked at the leak and told me he was befuddled. And then... a different man came this Monday, and now the leak is fixed. But to figure out where the leak was coming from, he had to take off the tile in the bathroom wall. He found the problem and fixed it, but now I have big holes above the toilet and on the floor. They’ll stay open for the next week, so the walls can dry out a little, and then he’s scheduled to return on Monday to fix it completely.

It’s pretty exciting stuff.

2 Comments:

At Wed Aug 16, 08:34:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Given the record of workmen at your flat...I can only imagine what would happen if a fuse burns out...eighteen years later, the electrician is in orbit around your apartment, maybe?

 
At Wed Aug 16, 04:44:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon, everyone knows workmen are more efficient in London than nearly anywhere else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home