Friday, January 06, 2006

One more New York post

This post is the result of a couple of things: first, I’m still feeling a little homesick for New York. Second, yesterday was a really long day at work, and I got the chance neither to take pictures nor to come up with any other amusing thoughts about London.

So here are a few—hopefully cheerier—pictures of New York. For example, here’s the tree at Rockefeller Center.
Hooray for Christmas!
For those of you who were curious about Jay’s comment on the last post, here’s a picture of the vile drink in question. It did, in fact, give me a stomachache, although it has its ardent fans. (It’s hard to tell in the picture, but be assured that it’s a lurid orange color).
And that’s that. Back to happy fluffy London posts tomorrow, I promise. And happy new year.

5 Comments:

At Fri Jan 06, 10:56:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first few days back in Ferghana after Christmas at home always made me miserable. I felt shocked at how quickly my brain had purged all of the hard-won adaptations that kept the city from exhausting me or endangering my life. They come back, though. Quickly, as I recall, but not quickly enough. Drinking helps. Hang in there. What comes next on your list of things to see?

 
At Fri Jan 06, 11:35:00 AM EST, Blogger Juanita said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Fri Jan 06, 11:37:00 AM EST, Blogger Juanita said...

Oops, typo...had to delete my comment. I was asking if you've been to The Imperial War Museum? It's well worth it, a must-see. Don't miss the Great Escapes exhibit if you go.

 
At Fri Jan 06, 01:08:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's always www.pandafix.com if you're feeling blue. Check out the video--the first 3 seconds are cute enough that if you could see them on slo-mo, you should.

http://cuteoverload.com
www.baruchito.com

also good for blueness.

 
At Fri Jan 06, 04:21:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orange is the wrong color for anything that doesn't taste orange, as an axiom of consu,ption.

And I found your picture of the LES to be cheery also.

I also note that you have remembered to LOOK RIGHT (or LOOK LEFT, as appropriate) when crossing streets...proven by your continued ability to post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home