Monday, January 16, 2006

Domestic tasks

This was a weekend full of domestic tasks. First, since I’ve moved in, there has been a lampshade for one of the wall lights missing. The prior tenant put one on order. I’ve gotten multiple calls and e-mails from the estate agents asking if it had arrived. The prior tenant has also gotten calls from them, and then has called me to asked if it had arrived. It finally did! And now you can see what the fuss was about:

Here’s a picture of the sad state of affairs before the shade arrived.
The shade’s in place...
Hooray!

Additionally, after more searching than you’d think, I bought a vacuum cleaner. Ultimately getting this one involved buying one from up the street (politely refusing the offer at the store to carry it to my car for me—*sigh*), carrying it home with much resting along the way, getting home only to discover that a piece was missing, carrying it back, getting on the Tube for some serious shopping, and coming home with this. Cute, though, don’t you think?


And the weekend even involved some fun activities. On Saturday, Jaynna called me up to go to the Russian Winter Festival. There was dancing, there was singing, and there were speeches from the mayors of London and Moscow. Not bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home