Thursday, June 15, 2006

Saint Emilion

Back to the vacation:
One of our stops was Saint Emilion, a medieval city near Bordeaux. The city was a walled city, with 7 guarded gates leading in. Here’s a picture of Porte Brunet, the eastern gate (and the one closest to where we stayed—although I thought a picture that included our car parked nearby might take away from the atmosphere). The gate dates from, I believe, the 12th century.

Just inside the gate, we met this little guy, who trotted right up and was very eager to be pet through the iron gate:


The city has a very definite medieval look:


And of course, it’s surrounded by its main industry (well, I imagine tourism is a biggie, too). The steeple of the church is in the distance over the grapevines:

3 Comments:

At Thu Jun 15, 11:22:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This totally confirms my feeling that the firm should get a donkey.

 
At Thu Jun 15, 12:19:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I should move to Saint Emelion. There's nothing about this post that I don't like. Including the donkey.

 
At Fri Jun 16, 01:59:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This totally confirms my feeling that Marty should get a donkey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home