Monday, February 27, 2006

Ok, so this is a cool thing about living in London

I went away for one night this weekend to go to a ball. A nice little touch about the ball was its location:


Not only did I get to go to the ball, but I got to walk around lovely Vienna for a day and a half.

January and February are the ball season in Austria. In those months, there are more than (depending on whom you ask) 80 balls in Vienna. This was the Juristen Ball, or the Lawyers’ Ball. The ball was held in the Hofburg Imperial Palace, where the Habsburgs lived and ruled over the Austrian empire. It’s also not a bad place for a party:


And I got see Astrid, a roommate from law school. Here she is with a couple of my colleagues.

3 Comments:

At Mon Feb 27, 09:28:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

must...not...make...lawyer joke. No really, what a beautiful space. Did you rock out? Was there a Lawyer Band?

 
At Mon Feb 27, 11:44:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Half of me wants to make a joke (like Joy) and half of me thinks it's really nice to be able to get all dressed up and go to a fancy ball, in Vienna no less. Lawyers have some interesting perks! I showed Carter and pointed to the tuxedos and he commented, "that looks like a nightmare to me". I for one, would not mind going to a party for once where the guys were not wearing faded jeans and flip flops.

 
At Mon Feb 27, 02:11:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, *i* went to a party this weekend in the teeny apartment of my upstairs neighbor. so there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home