Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A few pictures from Poland

I got back from Poland last night. It was a great trip, and I took a lot of photos, so I won’t go through the whole thing here. But here are a few pictures to begin at least a little of the description of the trip.

As I mentioned previously, we spent a lot of time on the trains. We entertained ourselves in various ways, including talking to others on the train, which was by far the best way. This is Chris, who talked to us the whole way from Lublin to Kielce. He’d just gotten back from working in Liverpool and could do an amazing Liverpool accent. He also sang us some Polish hip-hop:


When there was no one to talk to, we played cards and tried to find other ways to entertain ourselves. Thank goodness Jaynna brought her harmonica:


I’ll also say a little about Polish food. It’s hearty and good, and we ate a lot of it. Even the condiments were filling:


After a while we started varying the menu. I got Indian food in a restaurant in Wrocław:


Let me break down the elements of the dish. This was the main part:


And this was the rest:






Hm, I’m sort of craving chicken curry now. But I’ve also got to run some errands. The movers come on Friday—eek!

3 Comments:

At Wed Oct 04, 08:25:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The graphics on this post are worthy of "Anderson Cooper 360"

 
At Wed Oct 04, 06:17:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This reminds me, it's quitting time and cabbage looks pretty good.

Did anyone else on the train want to listen to an harmonica? That could be really irritating if not.

 
At Fri Oct 06, 02:42:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, the lard ... good times!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home