Sunday, November 13, 2005

Good weekend

This was a good weekend. I saw sights, ate food, went out with people, and got fed by others. As a sample of my weekend, here are some pictures.

Yesterday I went to St. Paul’s, where there was a whole little carnival set up. It evidently had something to do with the Lord Mayor:


Earlier today I saw my friend John, and we had a pint and a snack:


And this evening, I was treated to a home-cooked meal. Here’s an action shot of food being furiously chopped:

5 Comments:

At Sun Nov 13, 08:39:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about the phone. That means your aunt's belief that the British are so polite is vacuous! I'm disappointed.

I'll be in IN this week and will email from the OhiO. I thought it was the Mississippi but Dad won the fight and it is the darn O river.

 
At Mon Nov 14, 12:09:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's start a conversation about kitchen accessories. Is John(?) chopping those mushrooms (?) with a chef's knife or a Santoku? I'm a big fan of the Santoku, personally.

 
At Mon Nov 14, 01:45:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what is that in the background...some sort of cereal named Honey?

 
At Mon Nov 14, 04:27:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's Kashi. They make a variety of healthy cereal products that are high in protein, fiber, and . . . well, woodsy flavors. My wife finds it disgusting, but I love me some Kashi.

I think there's something to the fact that our mystery chef is placing a product called "Honey" in the frame of Jennifer's photo. There's a message there.

 
At Mon Nov 14, 05:11:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Subliminal messages are best expressed through food. For example, all of your top chefs strategically encourage the purchase of reserve list wine by cleverly imprinting the name of top wineries in the pate.

Left open in this post is whether there was any riding of the carousel. Looks fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home