Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Wandering

Today I walked. And walked. And walked. I don't have many good photos from my walk, especially since it got dark at the end, but here are a couple of the neighborhoods I walked through:

This is the corner of Upper Street and Pentonville Road by the Angel tube station in Islington:


And this is just outside the Liverpool tube station:


This is an enlightening entry, isn't it?

I also walked down Brick Lane, in Shoreditch, and realized how Brick Lane in New York got its name. Brick Lane, the London street, is like East 6th Street in New York, except that it must be 12 times as long.

I'm now craving Indian food.

And happy birthday to me. Hmph.

1 Comments:

At Wed Nov 02, 02:16:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you indeed. I hope it was a good day and that you made good on your promise to celebrate with Indian food. I turned 23 while flying to Uzbekistan to join the Peace Corps, and I remember the weird displacement involved. So I think everyone that you meet between now and, say, December 1st should be obliged to throw you a big bash.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home